1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A possible revamping of Secret Santa

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Oct 15, 2008.

?

How would you like to see Secret Santa structured this year?

1. Keep Secret Santa just as it is

51.9%
  2. Keep Secret Santa, but lower the gift range to $10-15

15.4%
  3. Keep Secret Santa but eliminate international shipping

17.3%
  4. No Secret Santa this year, the economy stinks!

15.4%
  5. Other (please post suggestions)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Last year, I was getting inundated with PMs about Secret Santa not having started...and it was the first week of October. This year, nothing.

I'll chalk some of it up to the election stealing everyone's attention, but I also realize times are tough, especially in our industry. So I'm open to everyone's take on which way to go with this this year.

Please vote, and/or weigh in on this thread. I appreciate it.

2. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

This year I'll actually remember to participate. Yay crazy SJ secret santas.

3. imjustagirl

Oh, and as a heads-up....odds are the international shipping is going to have to go regardless, unless that gets like no more votes. It apparently can cost like four times more to ship something, even to Canada, and with four people participating from Canuckistan last year, that's eight gifts shipped. Lot of cash.

One of the Canucks can organize their own, though. I just have to limit it to the U.S. this year, I think.

4. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

i would love to participate, sounded like a lot of fun last year.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think we are all waiting for the Santa avatar!

I think $20 is a good over under on cost, but I think creativity is much, much better.

Any type of crazy crap (an old game program that might have funny high school on it) or some good regional crap I think works great.

Also, go through the past posts of the person, and a good gag is just as funny. For example, if I get IJAG, I will of course include some Sirius Radio logos.

I did the overseas last year, and I loved what I sent my person. It is expensive though, but I would hate to see them excluded.

Maybe the oversees person and the USA person can be matched and the oversees person can buy more? You know, the dollar is worth spit right now.

So yes, I want Santa back.

6. imjustagirl

*note to self...93D does not get me*

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Hey, my person got some way cool Boo Berry last year.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I may even participate if you have it.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Keep it the way it is. It's worked like a charm every year.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I've enjoyed participating, tried to be a good present-buyer, and just this past weekend wore a great hoody that Pastor sent me in 2006. Keep it going!

11. a suggestion... maybe do something to help those in our industry who have been displaced?

12. imjustagirl

Draft saved Draft deleted