1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A pocket knife, some string and and a roll of duct tape. . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ralph wiggum, Apr 15, 2008.

1. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

. . . and no, this isn't a thread about Chef's home medicine practices.

Sorry if this is a DB, but in case it hasn't been on here before, I thought I'd point out that full episodes of MacGyver are available at CBS.com. As a child of the 80s, I can't tell you how big of a smile I got just from hearing that theme song.

Enjoy

http://www.cbs.com/classics/macgyver/video/video.php

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you are a giver, ralphie. i only can image the pleasure you give to your sexual partner.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

glad you arent pulling a chef.

4. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

Let's just say I give the phrase "I bent my wookie" a whole new meaning. And yes, I do realize that doesn't make any sense at all, but I'm too busy enjoying MacGyver and a nice glass of Malbec to care.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

So fucking solid on so many fucking levels.

"He said the worst things about McGyver."

Did you ever see the Simpsons where Patty and Selma kidnap Richard Dean Anderson? fucking hilarious.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

the richard dean fan convention. hilarious.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

10. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

The last episode of Mythbusters was devoted strictly to replicating tricks MacGyver did on his show back in the day.

I didn't know his first name was Angus...

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

During the nascent days of the Internet, Prodigy had a MacGyver forum which I spent more time on than Sportschick spends on SportsJournalists.com. I used to be able to identify an episode of MacGyver within 30 seconds.

And never did I go on a Holy Grail quest as difficult as when I missed the cliffhanger resolution to when MacGyver was put in a pit-and-the-pendulum trap. I don't know how long it took me to finally see the conclusion, but when I did it was like bedding a girl for the first time.

Some might call me a looser; I say I don't watch enough MacGyver anymore.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

The problem with that is MacGyver always left out any step that involved anything dangerous. I remember reading that way back when the show was on, maybe after the dynamite episode when he was helping his friends on the oil rig.

Draft saved Draft deleted