1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A plea for technical help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Jun 20, 2006.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

OK, I've carried this load of shame as long as I can tolerate it. This may underscore why I'm a writer instead of a designer (you, in the peanut gallery, I know what your about to say, heard it before, so STFU!), but I have 2,400 posts, and dammit, I'm going to fix this. I beseeche ye, o brethren and sistren (and damen and herren, mujeres y hombres, blokes and sheilas, etc., etc.) to help me master the skill of posting a dadburn photo on this site. I get the process, OK? You click the lil picture button, then in between the img and the /img, you put a link to said photo. I have been unable, for the life of me, to make this work. Please know you will have my undying gratitude (with noted exceptions), and thanks in advance for your input.

Sincerely,
    N_W

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

are you putting in the full URL or leaving out the http://?

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Use [​IMG]
    Go to Web site with picture, right click picture, click properties, copy top line, paste between tags

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

RagumpRagumpRagumpRagumpRagumpRagumpRagumpRagumpRagumpRagumpRagumpRagumpRagumpRagumpRagumpRagumpRagumpRagumpRagump

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Make sure you're ending your img tags properly too. [ ] these need to be around both the img and the /img tags.

Also, a point to remember, some sites won't let you hotlink a photo from their site to another site (like this one). So you could be doing it right, but the photo just isn't postable.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I knew about the tags. left em out of my post because I didn't want it treated as codes.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So show is what you got, n_w.

[​IMG]

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Figured you knew about them. Just wanted to point out about keeping the both brackets. Sometimes when I post a photo, I'll accidentally delete one of the brackets and then have to go back and fix it when the photo doesn't work.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Instructions: 1. See an image on the web that you like. (You cannot post pictures that are located on your computer without going through other steps and since you can't post pictures currently, I'll avoid the not so complicated process of uploading.) 2. Right click on that image and choose "Properties." 3. If you are using Internet Explorer, you find where it says "Address" and to the right you will highlight the actual address starting from http all the way to the end. 4. Once highlighted, right click on the highlighted portion and select "Copy." 5. Now, click reply in the thread that you would like to paste a picture. 6. Click on the icon, it will insert the message board tags into the body of the message. 7. You will now see this [ img ] [ /img ]. Place the cursor in between the "mg]" and the "[/im". 8. Hold down Ctrl and press V or you could right click the mouse button in between the tags and select Paste. You should now see [ img ] http://kimsal.com/rabbit_pancake.jpg [ /img ]. 9. now, type out your message after the tags and press Post. [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted