1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Place To Eat In Pittsburgh?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Sep 5, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Be prepared to be stuffed. Great food and lots of it.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I agree. Primanti Brothers is definitely a novelty that wears off quickly.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

It's not a hidden jewel in my family. We've been celebrating big family birthdays at brunch there for years. It's a great food and inside of the restaurant is beautiful.

4. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I'd say I go to Primanti's about once every 4-6 weeks for a cheesesteak, so I don't know that I necessarily agree that it's a novelty. And my friend who grew up here and makes it back once a month or so, goes and get a kiebassa with egg for each visit. The Primanti's in Ft.
    Lauderdale on the beach is a great replica, although their pizza is much better than the places in Pittsburgh.

I'd prefer Primanti's to the O in Oakland.
    And I'd prefer Jo Jo's in the Strip for breakfast than Grand Concourse (sorry Markvid!)

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Oh, that's it, Bagel....THIS MEANS WAR!

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

FIGHT! FIGHT!

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Better believe it!

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Yes! . . . Forest Hills Vincent's . . . is it still there?

If it's possible to achieve a culinary orgasm, it's this pizza that'll do it.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Thanks to Pete for starting this thread and thanks to all the answerers. I'll be in Pittsburgh in the very near future and staying close to PNC. Not really knowing Pittsburgh are these areas such as "Strip" and "Station Square" nearby?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

OT, check here ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pittsburgh_neighborhoods

11. cfinder

cfinder Member

much to the chagrin of Buck and even Mike Lange, the blues club by the Tubes south end -- Gene's? -- was razed in highway construction a coupla years back.

good advice already listed here, Pete Inky and old tony. Strip is walkable from ballyard: over bridge and 10 blocks north. several bars around the ballyard are active on weekend nights, too.

12. boots

boots New Member

Personally, I never like to go to Pittsburgh or any city without stopping in the one true place for great eats.... KFC!

Draft saved Draft deleted