1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A place for really odd, but legit questions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Apr 24, 2008.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Wasn't that something like the end of a Twilight Zone episode? A guy wants to be alone and he's given the ability to stop time whenever he wants and he'll be the only one who can move around ... I don't recall seeing any water in the episode. However it ends when he has to make the time freeze permanent to save his city from a nuclear missile (or some calamity on that grand scale)

2. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I had surgery on my esophagus a couple of years ago, and now I can't reel off a good belch like I used to. But I fart like you wouldn't believe.

So, if I had surgery on my large intestine, would I one day just explode?

Why is it (seemingly) OK for men to have armpit/leg hair, but not women?

Why is it (seemingly) OK for men to run around without shirts, but not women?

If the only reason women wear bras is to hold in their boobs, why don't men with man-boobs wear bras?

If there's a law in America banning women from going topless, why can't there be a law banning men with man-boobs from going topless? (There should be)

Why don't (more) women suffer from female-pattern baldness?

If a police officer in front of me turns without signaling, can I issue a citizen's arrest? Can I subdue him with pepper spray or a taser? (OK, I know the answer to that one.)

What does a fart look like in the intestine? (OK, I don't want to know that one.)

I knew if I thought long enough I could come up with some good ones. OK, maybe I'll keep thinking. :p

3. Why is the conference spelled Big Ten and not Big 10, when the PAC-10 and Big 12 follow normal AP style?

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

why ask why?

Draft saved Draft deleted