1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A place for really odd, but legit questions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Apr 24, 2008.

1. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Another, odd, but legit question.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

just askin', dog. just askin'. :D

3. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Is country music more harmful than metal music?

I say yes. I've never listened to a metal album and thought "I should just end it all now" [never, not even after listening to a Shining album]. But on a recent trip I decided to flip around and see what was on the radio. I was in a different city so I just scanned from station to station. I landed on some country station and some girl was singing "Jesus take the wheel" and I thought that sounded like a fine idea. This would give me an opportunity to truly discover whether or not Jesus actually exists. The results: either Jesus doesn't exist or He's a really shitty driver.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

How do a bunch of zeroes and ones turn into moving pictures, colors, sounds, music, data, etc.?

The basic concept of digital technology completely baffles me. I do love it, though.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

If you think I'll sit around as the world goes by
    You're thinkin' like a fool cause it's a case of do or die
    Out there is a fortune waitin' to be had
    You think Ill let it go you're mad

6. EE94

EE94 Guest

I was going to try to explain binary code, but then I realized I don't really know what the fuck it is

somethign about the range of choices a computer has in making a decision - yes or no - and the more complicated the code, the more decisions required

or is that FORTRAN?

7. Dessens71

Dessens71 Member

Why is public urination a crime and peeing your pants totally legal?

8. Why do you drive on a parkway and park on a driveway? And what's the deal with airline peanuts?

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't know, but I laugh at both.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Why do I have a zit on my armpit? And how do I get rid of it? I'll take advice from anyone but Chef.

(No offense, buddy. You're just a little too much of a lunatic when it comes to ingrown annoyances. Actually, has anyone heard from Chef since his latest surgery?)

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If the singular of alumni is alumnus, is the singular of Illini Illinus?

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

When approaching a train crossing that has warning gates and lights, why do people slow down? If there is a train coming, doesn't it seem like you'd be more likely to get hit if you're going slow?
    There's a crossing I go through every morning on the way to work. It has gates and such, but because of trees you can't see if a train is actually coming until you're on top of the tracks. Yet, people still slow way down and go over the crossing at 10 mph. Drives me nuts.

Draft saved Draft deleted