1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A place for open letters to the good people of the world.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by UTShooter, Jun 1, 2007.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Dear UTshooter,

I had forgotten you were indeed my Secret Santa. That NetFlix subscription has since run its course, but we stayed on as loyal customers; I've had Streetcar Named Desire for two months now. Maybe I'll watch it tomorrow.

Sincerely,

CI

2. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Dear CI,

I've had Thin Blue Line, Fight Club and Jesus Camp for about two months. I've watched them all, but haven't sent them back for some odd reason.

I had a picture frame engraved for your boy as the second part of your gift, but have no idea where it went. I looked for it while I was packing up my apartment, but it never materialized.

Sorry 'bout that.

Netflix is fun, though, isn't it?

UT

3. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Dear board,

Two things.

First, I kind of liked that Blanchard thread. I wish he'd stayed around.

Second, I think this thread has gotten a little long in the tooth and its end should come soon, or it will turn into the chaos that was the RT thread, and I prefer to stay within Moddy and Webby's good graces.

Third, (I know I said only two), that sentence was very long and convoluted, and for that I apologize.

Regards,

UT

4. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

Dear People Who Own My Apartment Complex,

Why the hell do we have satellite TV? I really wanted to watch Sopranos and Entourage tonight, but the thunderstorm sort of fucked things up.

Regards,
    Leo

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Dear LJB,

Chill out, dude!

Sincerely,
    Howie Mandel.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Dear Leo Mazzone,

If you have satellite, you've got another shot at it three hours later on HBO West (right about now, actually).

Sincerely,

old_tony

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yet, amazingly accurate... ;)

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

That an old Mandel stand-up, dooley? I remember him being in a craptastic movie where he played a dog.

I understand how conceited it sounds, just very fussy about the hands. Seeing something on the telly about fecal matter and ejaculate on ATM machine keys and grocery store carts made me even more neurotic. Shivers.

9. stan_solo

stan_solo New Member

Dear good people of SportsJournalists.com,

Please convince sportschick that she should let me chase the squirrel. He keeps waving his tail at me. He must be STOPPED!!!!!

Love,

Stan

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

geez ut. we still love you here. i hope it gets better.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Dear Gingerbread,

YOU'RE HIRED! ;D

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Dear UT,

Thank you for starting such a unique thread and allowing people to vent or praise, as appropriate. However, please don't ask for it to go away. I think there's some good here and I'd hate to see it die.

Yours,

AlleyAllen

Draft saved Draft deleted