1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A place for open letters to the good people of the world.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by UTShooter, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Y'all,
    I think I have it figured out.
    Much love,
    Flash

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Dear Flash,

Please share. All I've found out is that I'm growing more ignorant by the moment instead of the other way around.

Sincerely,
    SM51

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Dear Sam,

I have found the meaning of life.

[​IMG]

Enjoy! :D

Sincerely,
    2muchcoffeeman

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

SM51,

Thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten about that. I've got a few movies which he's in that I'm going to pull out, including The Graduate, in which he plays Dustin Hoffman's Dad.

Beaks

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Dear Sam,
    It's just a small observation of the industry after a quick review of some threads around here. It would probably piss a lot of people off if I posted it and I don't think I'm really prepared for that.
    Much love,
    Flash

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Sam,

I've never seen Knight Rider. I just know he was the voice of the car.

Mike

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Dear Mike,

An underrated series. William Daniels as the voice of KITT (uncredited as part of his NBC contract) was well worth it.

Sincerely,
    SM51

-----

Dear 2MCM,

If only I watched more Monty Python ... I did see "The Holy Grail" and liked it, though. I've never minded good British humor.

Sincerely,
    SM51

-----

Dear Beaker,

Watch a couple of KR episodes, at least after he and the lead character (played by The Hoff) become more comfortable with one another.

Sincerely,
    SM51

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Dear Board,
    Two days into baseball season, and I'm already tired of dealing with a few of the coaches.

KY

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

ky - fuck 'em. stop dealing with them and talk with the players. hugs, tomas

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Tomas: We've only covered one game so far. And i'm talking about games we don't cover and the coach is supposed to call stats in. KY

11. gottawrite

gottawrite Member

Dear Father of a Little League Kid:

Thanks for kicking up all the dirt and rocks in the parking lot of the little league last night. It's truly amazing what you can do with one oversized pickup, four really fat tires and one tiny brain. I know the 8- to 12-year-olds were very impressed as you backed into that spot near the right field foul line. I only regret that none of them were able to provide you a game-used foul ball.

I also love the way you clearly have worked with your kid since the season started. He almost swung the bat last night. You could tell he was thinking about it by the way his shoulders hunched up as the ball came in. Then again, he may have been reacting to your encouragement. Way to go with timing your robust cheer of "Come, on, let's see a home run!" just half a second after his coach told him to just think about taking a level swing and putting the ball in play.

sincerely, Gotta

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

dear gotta - i actually think the oldest heartbreaker's softball team might be douche free as far as parents are concerned. i know it sounds like a lie/pipe dream, but i have high hopes. hugs, tomas

Draft saved Draft deleted