1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A place for open letters to the good people of the world.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by UTShooter, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Great moments at being unintentionally funny on SJ.com.

2. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Dear board,

I really wish people remember the format of this wonderful thread. There were some great stories told but only in the proper format.

Thanks,
    Matt

Vombatus likes this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Dear board,

Thanks for providing a forum of thoughtful and thought-provoking posters who form a great community.

Regards,
    VB

4. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Dear board,

Relating to some of the previous comments, my managing editor's mom's ashes are in her closet because her family can't agree what to do with them.

Yours,
    Ape.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Dear lawyerly and financial types here,

What does dissolution by proclamation mean when it comes to a corporation?

Spell it out for me.

Thanks.

cc: @The Big Ragu @Dick Whitman @whoever else ...

6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I know! I saw that, but too late to fix and change. (Yes, I wanted to, and would've if I could've :).

7. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Dear Songbird and anyone else interested,

A dissolution by proclamation is when a state dissolves a corporation after the corporation fails to follow required annual filings. I am guessing states differ in what exactly triggers the ability of the state to take this action.

Ashes can be interred. When Craig died, his sister and maybe the kids decided to split his ashes. The kids, Krissy and I each got a cardboard box with part of his ashes. I wanted to bury mine but learned in Florida I couldn’t legally do it. It would not have been in a casket. I had a choice of ground or in a wall, if I could have done it. I bet if I wanted to pay for a casket and space, they would have obliged, though. I scattered some in a place he loved and some are in a container on a shelf in my office, where I ended up with the shrine I desperately wanted to avoid creating. I believe the rest of him is still in two cardboard boxes in the closets of his sister’s and ex’s bedrooms.

With regret I know what to do with cremation ashes,

A.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Dear Amy,

Thanks. I spoke to the New York State Department of Taxes and this particular corporation didn't file taxes even once and suffered the DBP action 4 years later.

Thanks for confirming what I knew,
    Songbird

Draft saved Draft deleted