1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A place for open letters to the good people of the world.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by UTShooter, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I can. I've been there. My son had a wreck coming home drunk from a senior party in high school. Jaws of Life, Life Flight, 32 days in a coma and a year in a wheelchair. I know a lot more about TBIs than I ever wanted to.

It's not over, you can't know how well the kid will ultimately heal if they can get him through the first week. It takes about two years before you really begin to get the shape of his recovery.

He and his family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Dear Dyno,

Fuck that co-worker. That is not cool. Ever.

Signed,

Spike (a father of 1 2-year old, and the kid comes for 5 minute visits once every six months or so)

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Dear Board,
    Brice passed away this morning. He was just a few days shy of his 21st birthday; his sister, Brianna, would've turned 18 the day after Brice's birthday.

His family is donating his organs.

KY

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Dear Sportscenter,

Let us make a deal. If you stop beating me over the head with Make-a-Wish crap, I promise to think of you as Serious Journalists (tm) and maybe even refer to you as such on social media.

The world is a sad place where everyone is going to die and sometimes children get sick and are going to die even sooner and there's nothing anybody can do about it. We created diversions like sports to avoid spending every single one of our finite seconds thinking about that shit. I just want to watch some damned highlights.

Thanks,
    Rick

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Dear Rick,
    You still watch SC?

KY

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

KY,

I refuse to pay for anything more than the basic DISH setup. It's the only sports show I get.

Love,
    Rick

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Dear Congressman Hastings,

This was enjoyable. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152399900377239

Cheers!

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Greetings SJ Nation,

Long time, no see!

I don't know how you all do it. Wrote yet another paper today for school and as always, it wore me out. I truly don't know how all of you just churn out words day after day. It is a gift that I simply do not possess. Though I get rave reviews for the things I write it is a chore that simply drains my brain and leaves it in a state of mush. When I think of all those times I watched AlleyAllen just write away without a care in the world ...

Only four more classes of this college/writing business and I will be done. Then I will be able to crunch numbers all day every day and I will be a happy girl.

To those of you that I don't interact with off of this site, I have missed you.

PEACE!

Lieslntx

PS. Thank goodness football season doesn't actually start for another month ...

9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Hi LiesInTx!

10. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Dear Board,

Just wanted to send a short line to say Hello. Been a while since I've been on the board, but actually have missed it (or at least parts of it). Hope everybody is doing well.
    As for me, I have my ups and downs, but I did get promoted in March 2014 to Sergeant, so I'm now a Non-Commissioned Officer. What does it mean? More responsibility, but more pay, too.
    I'll try to be more active going forward, but I wanted to drag this thread out of mothballs since I liked it so much. Hope y'all don't mind.

Deuces,

Joseph (aka Livin' The American Dream)

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Congrats JCM! Be safe.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

12. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Thanks, Vombatus. I appreciate it.

Draft saved Draft deleted