1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A place for open letters to the good people of the world.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by UTShooter, Jun 1, 2007.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Dear board:

It's STUNNING how much cuter clothes are when you lose weight. I mean, I knew it, but I didn't spend a lot of time in those departments. But christ.

IJAG

Dear board,

Inky linked to a story on the Adrian Peterson thread, and in the face of tragedy, it gave me joy.

Embedded in that story was this piece of glory:

[​IMG]

IJAG

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Dear IJAG,

The money you save from not paying what I call the fat man's tax for XXLs and above is also nice. Good job, and wishing I had your level of commitment to the weight loss thing.

wick

3. imjustagirl

wick,

That would be true if finally being able to buy cute clothes didn't lead me to buying things like $140 blazers.

IJAG

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Secret Santa,

Keep up the good work. You can get down narrower chimneys this year. Looking forward to your efforts in a few weeks here in this depraved asylum.

VB

Max weight: 243, August. Now down to 232. Reducing carbs.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

VB,
    Excellent news, my friend.

And speaking of SS, I've had this craving for those cookies I got from you last Christmas. Those were damn good, even if I can't stand dark chocolate.

KY

6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Dear Self:

Fine job today. Go to the doc about something else, talk about a ache in your calf, end up admitted to the hospital with a blood clot in said calf.

Good that you let it be discovered before it got too big, but really, like I need this shit right now.

Thanks for nothing,
    Matt

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Can Fart be in the Secret Santa program?

8. Matt1735

Dear Self:

I'm sure you are glad to be out of the hospital, but I hope you enjoy the next four days of giving yourself shots even though you abso-fucking-lutely detest needles of all kinds.

Matt

9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Matt's Doctor:

Thank you for being astute enough to put together that Matt had a potentially serious problem and avert it, even if it did require needles.

kjim

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

KY,
    I will get some more Berger cookies headed your way this holiday season.
    VB

11. imjustagirl

Fart,

Of course you can. I'll be posting it at some point. Been out of town this week and now have a three-day conference. Maybe Sunday.

IJAG

Matt,

Glad to hear you're going to be OK. Do NOT envy the shots. I hate needles too.

IJAG

12. Matt1735

Dear KJIM:

I completely agree with the thanks my doc deserves and when I go for my followup visit, she will get those in person.

Dear IJAG:

Thanks for the good wishes... Only six more shots (over the next three days) to go... Of course, that number goes up or down based on the results of the blood work tomorrow morning.

Matt

Draft saved Draft deleted