1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A place for open letters to the good people of the world.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by UTShooter, Jun 1, 2007.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Xan and dools,

One total goes up, the other total goes down. Been having a pretty good run. Thanks for the kindness!

IJAG

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

IJAG

Here's to going Down, Down.

Xan

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Xan:

With that lead-in, I was afraid to click on the link.

IJAG

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Dear IJAG,

So that is what you meant.

Just sayin'
    Dools

5. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Dear Community College,

Seriously, did you expect to get much advance publicity for your Hall of Fame induction tomorrow when you sent it to me at 9:30 this morning? By the time this gets to most of our subscribers' mailboxes (because we're too cheap to have actual carriers), your "Meet the inductees breakfast" will be over. And a lot of them will not see it before the game because something like half of our subscribers don't get their mail until noon or later.

You have this induction every year. How could you have forgotten to send it in this time? I guess maybe I could have asked about it. But should I have to?

Yours,

Ape.

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Dear Board,

Exactly (to the day) five years after I started a thread here titled "Starting Over" I bought a car. A used one, yes, but one that requires a car payment. I made the second car payment today.

It feels so amazing to be able to be in a place where I can make a car payment again.

Thank you,

Lieslntx

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Dear Liesl,

Did you make sure you didn't get stuck with something transmissiony?

Just askin'
    Dools

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Dear Very Close Friend,

I will remember how dismissive you've been of me the last 10 days the next time you need support/sympathy. I will do my best to overcome this and be a better friend to you than you've been to me.

Disappointed,

Dyno

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Dear board,
    Today is my 10-year high school reunion.

I'm excited to see everyone who will be there, but it's been 10 years and not much is different from the life I was living then. I don't know why, but I feel embarrassed by that fact. Most of my friends have gotten married and started a family, and here I am still single.

Oh well. I hope it's a fun night, even if my life may suck compared to others.

KY

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

KY,

You have your health, you have your family, you have a job that pays for the gas that goes in your car that you'd use on a date once you ask a girl out, and you have friends not to mention a computer with Internet service that allows you to post on a place like this.

That's doesn't sound like a life that sucks.

If you want more, do what you need to do to get it.

X

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Dear Board,

I've been kind of an asshole on this site, and I want to apologize.
    I want to become a valuable member of this community.
    I am humane, civilized, highly educated and feel I have stuff to contribute.
    So anybody here I've put in a camel clutch, accept my apology.
    I am a good guy deep down.
    My mother always told me I was one of God's peacemakers.

I have the honor to be your obedient servant,

Fart

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

'Du,
    Thanks for saying that, my friend. I needed to hear -- or read, in this case -- that.

KY

Draft saved Draft deleted