1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A place for open letters to the good people of the world.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by UTShooter, Jun 1, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

kg,
    how would your hubby feel about that?

ky

2. KG

KG Active Member

ky,

He might not let me keep him.

KG

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Dear Rick,

That's outstanding. Nicely done.

Sincerely,
    SM51
    ------

Dear Wenders,

Sounds like fun. I know with local Division II baseball powerhouse, I got a shot of the manager having it out with the ump. Ran it the next day, too. Difference is, no one was that irate. The powerhouse won, anyway.

Take care,
    SM51

4. KG

KG Active Member

Board,

I have a way of embarrassing myself just about every day. Today I really pulled it off.

Just sayin,

KG

5. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

KG,

Knowing what happened, there are so many things I want to say, but I'll keep it to myself. :)

Spup

6. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Dear Mr. AD:
    I am sorry your football program sucks and that you have been unable to keep a coach since the school opened. I am sorry your most recent coach resigned a week before spring practice. I am sorry you're a jerk. But my repeatedly calling you every time I need to speak with you is not, as you would say 'expecting you to be available when I want.' It is actually patience. That is why I call many times. I understand you're not on board with the story idea my editor pitched. He pitched it. I'm a freelancer. I do stories I'm assigned. Just remember that you have basically told us to leave you alone, that what's left of your coaching staff has been instructed not to talk to the newspapers because those are the kinds of words that haunt petty dictators. You want to be left alone. I'm good with that.

Regards
    ID

7. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

Dear Tourists:

I know you are especially fond of the saying, "I'm leaving it all behind," when you come here on vacation. In the future, I would suggest that include your terrible driving habits. Buy a map, use google.com, whatever. However, driving 15 mph under the speed limit, swerving over 2 lanes just before a light and pulling out midway into the intersection at a light are not acceptable practices anywhere, much less here when the town's population jumps by 50 percent on the weekend.

And if I stare at you for honking your horn, don't flip me off, then cut me off 1/2 a mile later. With one strategic phone call, my friend with the police force can and will make your stay in town a living hell.

Sincerely,
    AP

8. KG

KG Active Member

Dear spup,

Ha ha. Trust me, nothing could make my face more red.

KG

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Dear KG,

SBT.

Just sayin'
    Dools

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Dear Board,

Now that I've told my stepfather this story, maybe he'll get the message.

I went for a couple of items this afternoon at the grocery store. I was barely 10 steps out of the building when a man stepped out of his vehicle, lost his balance and fell backward, pleading for help.

I went over there, helped him up (after he took a look at me and didn't think I could lift him) and his wife and I got him back to his vehicle. Blood all over the place, including me. Luckily, his wounds were strictly superficial. With the help of another couple of polite folks, we got his car jumped, made sure he was OK other than the scrapes and I made it to work on time.

I told my stepfather the story in hopes that he'll stop walking outside when no one else is around. His health is fading as is his balance, a too-perfect candidate to break his hip or have some other serious injury should he have a mishap.

We can only hope.

Sincerely,
    SM51

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Dear board,

I am having the worst two weeks of my life. Without question. There is no "well maybes" out there. This is the nadir of my 33 years, two months and 4 days on this planet.

All of you who have contacted me, either through facebook or on here, thank you so much. I can't give details, but trust me when I tell you every note has been appreciated and treasured. You guys have no idea the strength you can give.

Thank you, and please keep the positive thoughts/prayers coming,

IJAG

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

IJAG,

Keep your head up. You will come out of this on the other end. Stay strong.

Ross

Draft saved Draft deleted