1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A pitch to the board....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, Jan 27, 2009.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

At least this has gone to a second page now.

I don't pretend to say we aren't real people with real problems finding real solutions for our personal survival, all of which makes us "we the people," and while I agree with Fenian's take on that part, I have trouble seeing myself identifying in partnership with either our government or the corporate elite. What I am saying is with a very ominous cloud over all of us, it's time to think outside the box. Partisan pissing hasn't done the government any good. The great movements in this country weren't from the top down but the bottom up. I've just reached the point that there's better things to talk about. Not that I'm changing my political stripes; those are my own and they're not Republican nor Democrat (when I say I can't identify in partnership with government, I meant both sides). But maybe changing the tone can lead to more productive use of our time. How? I'm still trying to figure that out. Work in progress, but thanks for those who posted.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

If we discuss our feelings and try to get along the world will right itself.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Not so fast . . .

Draft saved Draft deleted