1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A perfectly hateful column from Bob Kravitz on the eve of the Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Piotr Rasputin, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Interesting this column got so much interest. It's not a sports column; it's a unions column. It reads like something that would be published in the AFL-CIO monthly. More than anything else, this thread shows the general attitudes people of this generation have towards unions: mild disdain to general irrelevance. It's too bad, but they've largely done it to themselves. And this is coming from someone whose father was a UAW member for 27 years and had tuition assistance from the union throughout college. It would be nice if unions could get back on their feet, but I don't know how they would even start.

2. An NAACP-type strategy to use the courts to begin reinterpreting the NLRA.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

We'd need a lot of new federal court judges before that would pay off, but I like the thinking.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Pray, tell me how in the FUCK that shit advances journalism? All it does is give him a forum to vent spleen.

That's a step in the wrong direction for journalism.

Draft saved Draft deleted