1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A note

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

TLIA?

WTF? SHABO!

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Todd Tichenor drank a Dr Pepper. He didn't taste 23 flavors, he only tasted one. It was Dr Pepper flavored. TLIA

3. Today, Todd Tichenor found a $5 bill in a coat that he had not worn for a long time. He used it to buy a coffee and a muffin. TLIA.

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Suppose I only knew some of these things about this Tichenor fella?

And you really want to give out the address where his wife and two young boys live, ya psycho? What a weird little post this is. I don't even know what it's about.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Today, Todd Tichenor tried to open the applesauce jar, and the top wouldn't come off. He tried a little harder and it did. TLIA

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Today, Todd Tichenor took a lot of pointless facebook quizzes, but he didn't publish the results, so no one knows. TLIA.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Seems the cloak of anonymity is OK when talking about someone you aren't friends with. I wonder what Mark Jackson's family thinks about this fate.

C'mon, Chef. You aren't alone in having friends ripped on anonymous message boards ... I have them and I'm sure a lot more of us have them. Todd had a bad day in a profession ripe for criticism. He'll have better days ... this just wasn't one of them. He advanced to be a major league umpire for a reason ... has to be good to get to that level. Public criticism is what you have to expect when you sign up for being a major league umpire ... no one is going to remember your name when you make a great call, but they sure will remember you when you make a bad one.

Same with newspapers ... how many of us got complimented from readers for getting Johnny and Suzy's names in the paper and spelled right, or wrote a great story about last night's OT thriller? Not as much of a response as when something gets screwed up, right?

The nature of the beast in today's society. We are quick to point out the negative, and rarely appreciate the positive.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Today, Todd Tichenor used an automatic urinal. Todd Tichenor walked away but it didn't flush. Todd Tichenor left the bathroom anyway. TLIA

9. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Holy crap, Chef. Hypocrite much?

10. Buck needs to be raped by a pack of wild armadillos.

There - I said it and I stand by it.

I don't care that he's overcome curvature of the spine and chronic halitosis.

That's just how I feel.

11. Tim blew at least 2 calls in today's game and threw out two players and two managers. Tomorrow the sun will still rise in the East. TLIA

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

You gotta be fucking kidding me.

You had no idea what he wrote, and who knows how long ago, until a moderator blew the whistle on him ... and now you jump his ass?

Monstrous class. Hope those 1,985 posts are all beyond reproach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.