1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A note on LT/Patriots feud

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jeff Gluck, Jan 17, 2007.

1. KP

KP Active Member

When did ELLIS HOBBS win a second round game before? Just throwing that out there.

2. There was a funny quote about this in Bill Simmons' newest article:

"I can't believe how well New Hampshire reader Tony Westover summed up my feelings on that whining nickname-stealer LaDainian Tomlinson: "I can understand why LT thought it was disrespectful and unclassy that the Patriots started 'doing the dance Shawne Merriman is known for.' Imagine if the Chargers won and some of their players went and did the Tom Brady dance at the midfield? Oh wait ... Tom Brady doesn't have a dance because he's a class act and doesn't do steroids."

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You're talking Ellis Hobbs, I'm talking the franchise.

And I read that Sports Guy blurb this morning. So Tom Brady doesn't have a dance. That doesn't change the fact that Brady -- like so many others in the NFL -- does that stupid emotional first down signal every time he runs for one, which serves the same purpose as a sack dance.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Let me help Oz a little here - nobody is saying the Chargers is this classy team with guys who are perfect. I've never heard anyone say anything like that.

On the contrary, all we hear is what a classy group the Patriots are. What a great team! What a genius of a coach who is a class act! All total bullshit. If they are class, then so is the NBA.

I'm so fucking sick of the Patriots. So sick of the "nobody respects us still!" shit. Sick of being called classy. Sick of The Genius Bill Belichek. Sick of how Tedy Bruschi cured cancer. Sick of Tom Brady being as close to God as a human possibly could be. Nobody can dispute what a great organization New England is, and in this day of free agency, nobody can dispute that what the Patriots have done is fucking incredible.

But I'm still sick of it. Gawd, I hope the Colts win.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The antidote to the arrogance of Belichek and the god-like Brady is offered up on a weekly basis, they play another game. Relying on Dungy and Manning to cure America of patriotitis is not encouraging.

6. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

I don't know where they get it from:
    (Stolen from bostonsportsmedia.com, which I have no affiliation with)

Predictions

Here are the "experts" predictions for Sunday's Colts/Patriots game:

Sports Illustrated

Don Banks, Colts
    Jeffri Chadiha, Colts
    Nunyo Demasio, Colts
    Peter King, Colts
    Michael Silver, Patriots
    Dr. Z, Patriots
    Tim Layden, Colts

ESPN

Joe Theismann, Patriots
    Sean Salisbury, Colts
    Merril Hoge, Colts
    Ron Jaworski, Colts
    Mark Schlereth, Colts
    Eric Allen, Patriots
    Chris Mortensen, Colts
    Mike Golic, Colts

CBS Sportsline

Pete Prisco, Colts
    Clark Judge, Colts
    Greg Bromberg, Colts
    Ron Davis, Colts
    Dave Richard, Colts

USA Today

Jarrett Bell, Colts
    Nate Davis, Patriots
    Tom Pedulla, Patriots
    Larry Weisman, Colts
    Skip Wood, Patriots
    Jeff Zillgitt, Colts

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Dear LiveStrong: Exactly what did your post prove? A bunch of reporters and commentators had to pick a winner in a dead-even game and most of them went for the home team. That may be the line of least resistance, but it's not dumping on the visitors. That idea's too childish for a special teams coach.
    A lot of Pats fans have posted on this thread, and frankly, they haven't distinguished themselves. You root for one of the great teams in NFL history. Try and act a little more secure.

8. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

it proves that they have some argument for "disrespect" by the "athlete" definition.

And let's not discuss how you've distinguished yourself on this message board.

9. Michael_ Gee

So you can dish it out but not take it, huh? Figures.

10. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

:)
    OK, that was funny.

11. Michael_ Gee

Pax, brother.

12. Just to give you an idea of how dead even the betting is on this game - an estimated 49% of the money is going on the Pats while 51% of the bets are going on the Colts.

Whereas 68% of the money is being bet on the Saints in the JV game.

http://www.sports.com/vegaslines/lines_nfl.html

Draft saved Draft deleted