1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A note on LT/Patriots feud

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jeff Gluck, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Bruce, Peter King says those quotes came out of left field, because he didn't hear them from the Chargers after they won.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/01/16/playoffs/index.html

2. Peter King should be snuffed out.

3. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

well, if peter king wasn't standing right there with Curran, it must not have happened.

4. So is Peter King calling Tom Curran a liar, then?

More Chargers behavior from Sunday: the headbutting penalty, and Rivers doing a flop trying to draw a roughing-the-QB flag late that would have made the Portugese national soccer team envious.

Yeah, there was an organization that acted bush league from top to bottom in that game. But it wasn't the Patriots.

5. My favorite aspect of this whole thing is LT saying that Schottenheimer tells the team to act like they've been there before.

What would Schottenheimer know about being "there" before?

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Here's a low point. I'm plagarizing my own blog in this post. The whole flap is pathetic. Here's what I don't get. Two teams spend three hours beating the crap out of each other in a big game, and doing a fine job of it, I might add. Nobody minds this in the slightest. Come game's end, and the winners sneer at the losers by doing a dance on the loser's helmet logo? Yeah, that'll show 'em who's boss.
    Even stupider, the losers ARE angered and offended. Here are men taking years off their lives playing the most violent team sport on earth, and they're all acting like squabbling Project Runway contestants.
    My old high school coach, how deceased, was tough, real world tough. He was shot down over Germany and spent 18 months in POW camp with about six bullets in one leg. His rule for our on-field demeanor was never show emotion. We warmed up silently. We didn't even shake hands after big plays.
    "That'll really demoralize the other side," coach said. "Act like professionals out there."
    On behalf of the late Bob DeGroat, I don't know whether to laugh or weep.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not saying the Chargers exuded class during the game. Just surprised that the Patriots didn't act like they've won a second-round game before.

And there is a big difference between taunting during the game and after the game.

8. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Peter King wasn't going to get any quotes trash-talking the Patriots, he was too busy asking the Chargers what their favorite flavor is it Starbucks. I'm surprised he never dropped a line about how he called LT on Sunday night and found out the real story.

Curran's quotes don't seem to have happened in a press conference or even in an interview, so it just could be the case that King wasn't there to hear them.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Someone needed to knock Merriman on his ass after he performed his dance the first time. He did it about four times on opening night against Jokeland.

10. KP

KP Active Member

It was Deion Branch flapping his arms like TO during the Super Bowl.

If you don't want people mocking your dances, don't come up with retarded dances in the first place.

11. KP

KP Active Member

Also from the last year's meeting was this little quote from Marty January.

Word is that didn't fly well in the Patriots locker room.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

One latte at a time, one after the other, until he develops coffee intoxication

Draft saved Draft deleted