1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A note on LT/Patriots feud

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jeff Gluck, Jan 17, 2007.

1. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

It certainly bit the steroid users last week.

2. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Man why would you do something like that I love the Patriots but I can't believe one of the players would do that Bill B. needs to punish who ever did this.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

fixed

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Run-on sentences deserve even harsher punishment.

5. Because they are the charmions.

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Wasn't it during their last Super Bowl when they taunted the Eagles all game by flapping their arms?

Go Colts.

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Yes, we need Colts and Saints to advance in order to guarantee the best possible matchup and thus, keep deserving readers and other fans appeased. :)
    As for the taunting: Take your medicine LDT
    Why let something like that bother you.
    If you were physically assaulted, that's another thing.
    Otherwise, let the creeps have their little fun.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I was thrilled to see Tomlinson's reaction. I'm so sick of the chumminess on the field after these games. He's under no obligation to shake anyone's hand.

He lost, and he's pissed. GOOD! We need more of that.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

True, but you don't often see an NFL team shit itself in such a spectacularly frustrating fashion as what the Chargers did Sunday. One of the ESPN talking heads (I think it was Salisbury) pointed out last night that it's especially ugly knowing the would have been heavily favored against any of the remaining teams.

10. This has been one of the sillier non-issues to pop up in recent memory. Let's see, the Chargers wouldn't sell tickets to the game to people outside SoCal; there was actually a story in the U-T the day before the game detailing their plans for the Super Bowl parade, before they had even played a playoff game; they're second in the league in arrests behind the Bengals; there's a youtube video out there of Merriman leading a "Brady sucks" chant at a rally in the week leading up to the game; and Merriman has been taunting people with a silly dance all year.

But Ellis Hobbs mimicks Merriman afterwards and the Patriots are painted as the classless team. Ridiculous.

11. Incidentally, here's the lead to Tom Curran's game story in the Providence Journal from the day after the Chargers ended the Patriots' home win streak last year:

01:00 AM EDT on Monday, October 3, 2005
    BY TOM E. CURRAN
    Journal Sports Writer

One after the other, sweaty, smiling members of the San Diego Chargers walked through the massive concrete artery that leads to the visitors locker room in Gillette Stadium.

As they walked, tearing grass-stained tape from their hands, they gloated aloud about their just-finished, 41-17 hammering of the New England Patriots.

"That's a [butt]-whipping," said defensive coordinator Wade Phillips.

"21-1, now," tackle Leander Jordan announced, referring to the Patriots' punctured 21-game home winning streak.

"[Bleep] New England and their team," suggested cornerback Drayton Florence. Florence then said to the collection of onlookers in the hallway. "Get the look of shock off your faces. Don't be shocked. We beat your [butt]."

But I suppose that's the Chargers being classy, again.

12. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Don't want a team celebrating on your field?

Beat 'em. Otherwise, STFU.

Draft saved Draft deleted