1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A nice problem to have (you're welcome, IJAG)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Stop hassling him. He was this close to working at 7-11.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

But does he have any Blue Oyster Cult?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

No but I'm saving an Earth, Wind And Fire ticket for Jefferson.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

and brother.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Look at you: All-SportsJournalists.com poster, internationally reknowned premature ejaculator. I'm tellin' ya, Beej, if this girl can't smell your qualifications, then who needs her, right?

6. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Those "qualifications" probably aren't the only thing she's smellin'.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Darn that whole getting out of bed thing!

I'm going to agree with IJAG on her advice. Spending a night is better than going to get some weird shit massage at any spa in my book.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Phila, how long have you been dating this girl? It's not been long, I recall ... I think you need to slow down, tiger.

9. She ended his drought. She deserves a deep-tissue massage.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My parents got married within six months of meeting each other. If Phila's happy and the girl's happy, I see no issues with how fast he's going.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

We see how well that turned out, dammit! :D

My parents got married less than a year after they started dating, which is why I argue for slowing down.

Phila, don't rush it. You're young. No need to get married just because all the other "cool" kids are.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I don't see anything saying he's going to get married. "Probable future Mrs." could mean 10 years down the road.

Also, if there's an anniversary coming up in the spring, I'm guessing that means it will be at least a year.

I know people that got married after four months that are happy. I know people who dated for six years who got divorced within two years of marriage. It's ALL a crap shoot.

Draft saved Draft deleted