1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A nice problem to have (you're welcome, IJAG)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jan 6, 2008.

1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I've got a pretty nice surprise in my head for the probable future-Mrs. PhilaYank for either Valentine's Day/anniversary or her birthday on May 13. I plan on taking her to this fancy, up-scale Hilton hotel & day-spa and treat her like a queen with weekend stay and spa session. The only thing is that since the total price is so much that I have to split it up and decide between the two options. Here they are:

• Option 1, "The Romance Package:" King-sized bed on one of the top two floors with champagne on ice in the room and full American breakfast; access to the Towers Lounge, including continental breakfast, evening hor d'oeuvres and dessert; plush robes and slippers; marble countertops in the bathroom; upgraded June Jacobs Spa Collection amenities; 250-thread count sheets; one-night stay for $279.
    • Option 2, selection of spa treatments: Spa Relaxer - one-hour Swedish massage and multi-vitamin power facial ($288)...Spa Relaxer for Two - two 30-minutes Swedish massages and two 30-minute Refresher facials ($353)...Spa Retreat - one-hour Swedish massage, one-hour deep cleansing facial, manicure and pedicure ($338)

I think either one is great (I'd let her decide which spa treatment she'd want), but I don't know which route to go. Can the ladies and gentlemen of SportsJournalists.com provide some assistance? Oh, and here's the website for the place, in case you're wondering...

http://www.hiltonshorthills.com

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: A pleasant conumdrum

A multi-vitamin power facial... hmmm....
    Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

West Coast Vol has no idea why he just sprung wood.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

2 posts and no one mentioned the need for a poll? You guys are slipping.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Fighting...urge...to....correct...spelling...in...thread....title...

That being said, I'd much prefer a lazy night in a comfy bed with a great view, free champagne, hors d'oeuvres, etc, with the nice lotions and things. The other stuff is fine, but any massage is going to feel good and you can get one MUCH cheaper than that. I would never pay those prices for a one-day thing unless it was an ALL-day thing. Seriously, the most expensive place in town here will do 60 minute Swedish massages for $75.

Get the hotel night, spend it with her, pampering her YOURSELF. Give her a massage. Rub her feet. All that stuff. It will mean more than having Sven do it, and then if you want, you can find a normal salon or spa in town that will do a full-body massage for like $100.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

IJAG just gave PhilaYank love advice.

I feel dizzy.

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I know. I'm just as shocked as you, BYH.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Just be glad you got you're/your right.

Had you gone with "your welcome, IJAG" her head would have exploded.

9. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Her advice is the correct advice, follow it.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

"No sex until marriage."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Just because it's working for you doesn't mean it works for everybody, Mikey.

Draft saved Draft deleted