1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A new take on Ferris Bueller

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 2, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

John Hughes always had to throw in a total "buzz kill" moment in his movies.

2. lono

lono Active Member

I thought he was scattered, smothered and covered [/wafflehouse]

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

What's next? That St. Elsewhere was all Ricky Schroder's imagination?

4. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

So he made himself make a phony phone call?

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I always figured it went like this:
    Cameron, still full of piss and vinegar, stands up to Morris when he gets home. Morris, not used to backing down, doesn't this time either. He stands his ground and rips into Cameron. Calls him a worthless piece of shit, says he wishes Cameron had never been born, grounds him, maybe hits him.
    Cameron, shattered both by his father's insults and the destruction of his newfound courage, retreats to his room and lays on the bed. He stares at the ceiling for what seems like hours. Neither parent comes in to talk to him, and he finally realizes that he is simply a nuisance to them. Totally devastated now, he goes to his dad's gun safe and pulls out a museum-quality shotgun. He quietly slips into his parents bedroom and shoots them both in their sleep before putting the gun under his own chin and pulling the trigger.

Maybe that's in the deleted scenes on the 30th anniversary DVD?

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Now with a Very Special Ending!"

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Had another thought on my alternate Cameron ending...
    Instead of shooting himself, Cameron just slumps down on the floor. Still a gutless wonder, he can't pull the trigger. As he sobs to himself in his dead parents' bedroom, the screen goes black. The next scene is of him laying on another bed, this time in a gray shirt rather than his Red Wings jersey. As the camera pulls back, we see him laying on a prison bunk.
    Turns out FBDO was all a flashback to the day Cameron's life was ruined by his impulsiveness. How's that for a life lesson, kiddies? At the very least, it'd be the greatest shock and buzzkill ending of all time.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Fuck, I don't want to <i>think</i> about Ferris Bueller.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

"Call me sir, Gawd-dammit"

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Another additional scene:
    We got to see Ferris "get home," what about Sloane? I think, right before Cameron's scene, there should be one with her pulling up to her house, bopping in the front door, throwing her keys on the table. She continues on to her room, where she closes the door and begins to undress, back to the camera. Guys are getting a little turned on as she's now completely naked... then she turns around and "untucks." As "Goodbye Horses" plays, she dances around the room. "I'd f*ck me so hard."

EDIT: Now THERE'S your "sausage king." :p

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So if Ferris is all a dream, what with the sister and the principal and all that? Why would Cameron be imagining that?

And if you want to talk about someone sexually abusing a kid, I'm making the principal suspect No. 1.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

http://www.riverblue.com/hughes/sounds/gohome.wav

Draft saved Draft deleted