1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A new take on Ferris Bueller

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 2, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Trippy... really trippy.
    Okay, so here it goes: Dude suggests that Ferris doesn't exist. He's actually Cameron's Tyler Durden. Poor, embattled, retentive Cameron imagines his best friend, who takes him through an incredible "day off" with the chick he secretly longs for.

I think it's time for me to watch FBDO again and look for more clues. :p
  2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Interesting take, but if there's no Ferris, who would they save? And how would Ed Rooney know who's winning the Cubs' game?
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The explanation says it's all a dream, not that he actually did all those things. I think.
  5. Sneed

Sneed Guest

Ha, I like it.
  6. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I love it! As a big fan of both movies, this is fantastic!
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I always got the impression that Cameron was sexually abused by his dad. Maybe that's just me.
  8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought he was abused, beaten and battered
  9. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

The Bears.
  10. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's one thing I never liked about the movie. There was some deep, dark shit there--maybe not Cameron's Got A Gun deep and dark, but deep and dark nonetheless--and it was glossed over in about 37 seconds at the end when Cameron decided he'd take responsibility for the dead luxury car.

Every time I see the movie, I expect this will be the time the end credits include the following: "P.S. Cameron's dad killed him."
  11. Giggity

Giggity Member

Similar to the Calvin and Hobbes/Fight Club theory: http://metaphilm.com/philm.php?id=29_0_2_0
  12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thank you.
Draft saved Draft deleted