1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A new study reports what BYH has known for years: Jeter's a butcher in the field

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Feb 17, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Who needs a fuckin study? I've got two eyes.

And goodness, those quotes were hilarious. Ahh if the fanbois only knew about Jeter's "character" and idea of teamwork. And I guess he took $189 million for the love of the game?

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Buh...buh...buh...but the Captain is clutch!

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

If ever you need evidence Americans are hostile toward knowledge...

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You ain't kidding about the fan comments, hockeybeat. Hysterical. Thanks for posting that.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I loved how the first quote included the line, "I completely disagree. Jeter's a clutch player."

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

HE DOVE INTO THE STANDS AT YANKEE STADIUM! ESPN TOLD ME IT'S THE GREATEST PLAY OF ALL-TIME!

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

I seriously doubt Jeter is the worst fielding shortstop in baseball, even if he is the second best shortstop on the left side of the Yankees infield.
    He's adequate, not horrendous.

But the dumbass blind Yankees fanbois responses are priceless, as is the shit for brains writer mentioning that the convention (or whatever it was) was held "in Boston (of course)." As if that matters.

Further proof that Yankees fans are the biggest assholes around and the NY Post is a homer Yankees fanboi rag.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i can buy that. the yankees and their bitter fucking fans lick the bottom side of sweaty, salty sack.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Re: A new study reports what BYH has known for years: Jeter's a butcher in the f

Pretty much every single statistical study of fielding ranks Jeter very close to, if not at, the very bottom of all regular MLB shortstops.

And if he were actually the mighty Captain of All Captains, the very incarnation of winning in human form, he would immediately storm into the manager's office and demand the Yankees move the best defensive player on the roster to shortstop, and move a clearly inadequate defensive player to another position.

Now that he's entering the rapid-decline phase of his career (34 in June), it's only going to get worse, too.

11. Ruth-Gehrig

Ruth-Gehrig Member

The study also reported: Jensen's team of researchers found that most triples were hit to right field, where it is a much longer throw for the fielder.

GOODNESS GRACIOUS, WHO WOULD'VE KNOWN!

The Associated Press story on the study:
    http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hEV08EENXqsT3JA3u_8wV9xZnhxAD8URHEMG2

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Knowledge is good.

Draft saved Draft deleted