1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A new spam...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I'm getting a tax refund!

They had me till "Best Regards." ;)

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hell, I'd give you double that with all the cash I'm getting from the blind, crippled lady in Ghana. I'm her only heir!

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I got this, too. They had me until ... wait, they never had me, because I haven't filed my taxes yet. What kind of dumb sap falls for this stuff?

4. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Wait. What about the millions of dollars from the Nigerian king? Don't forget that.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This thread isn't what I thought it'd be.

6. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

I already replied to them. And I know how I'm going to spend it, too. I've got an inside source who's set up a sweet deal for me to buy some bridge in Brooklyn. I'm going to make a fortune on tolls alone.

7. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Your avatar sucks.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Did someone say

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And today's, received moments ago?

Hello Friend,

I wish to intimate you with a request that would
    be of immense benefit to both of us. Being an
    executor of WILL, it is possible that we may be
    tempted to make fortune out of our client
    situations, when we cannot help it, or left with
    no better option. The issue I am presenting to
    you is about my client who WILL a fortune to his
    next-of-kin. It was most unfortunate that he
    and his next-of-kin died on the same day in the
    sharja plane crash of Tuesday 10 February

I am now faced with confusion of who to pass
    the fortune to.According to the English law, the
    fortune is supposed to be bequeathed to the
    government.However,i dont belong to that
    school of thought which proposes that the
    fortune of unlucky people be given to the
    government.

My purpose of contacting you is to seek your
    assistance to act as the benefactor of the WILL,
    and lay claim to the legacy(12.4million pounds
    sterling),which this my unfortunate client
    bequeathed to his next-of-kin. For now, It is
    only known to me, as my client has great
    confident in me. Everything will be left between
    you and I. The share would be 40% for you and
    60% for me.All I have to do is to amend the
    WILL stating you as the beneficiary to
    the12.4million pounds sterling.

As I am yet to get your consent on this issue, I
    prefer not to divulge my full identity so as not
    to risk being debarred. The English Bar
    considers it a breach of the oath of the English
    Bar Council. I need not emphasize to you that
    the sensitivity of this issue need not betoyed
    with by neglecting its confidentiality. Due to the
    risk involve and also the activities of fruadsters
    now rampant on the internet,and until I am sure
    of your consent,full cooperation and genuine
    willingness to assist me for our mutual benefit,

I would prefer that we maintain correspondence
    by email.At this point I want to assure you that
    your true consent, fulla cooperation and
    confidentiality are all that are required for us to
    take full advantage of this great opportunity.
    This is an opportunity that people rarely have.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Barr. Glen Adams

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Did you respond to him requesting that he contact your attorney so you can put the money into a tax shelter or off-shore account to make sure there's no trace of you receiving the money?

11. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

That's nothing, slappy. I won the British national lottery three times last week.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Shit. That's not even an average day for me...

Other new one I've been getting is from the "Waller Trucking Co." looking for workers in the UK with a link to their website in the Phillipines.

Since its establishment in 1959, Waller Truck Co., Inc. has centered its family-owned trucking business on : QUALITY, FAIRNESS, HONESTY and UNCOMPROMISING CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Waller Truck Co. is the largest provider of outsourced workplaces for individuals all over the world. The company provides more than 100,000 clients with flexible and cost-effective range of goods and services using help of regional associates at prestigious locations in business hubs and capital cities around the globe.

The only way that we can ensure our customers receive the highest standard of quality and service is to hire individuals who share our vision, dedication and entrepreneurial spirit. Due to our rapid expansion, we are seeking Regional Sales Managers in the UK.
    If you love hard work but hate routine, if you are adventurous but responsible, if you have great communications skills, are interested in international sales and like a challenge, this job is for you.

Vacancy offered is a part-time or second employment. You'll be supposed to work from home, but at the same time Your Personal situation must allow you to travel around your place 1-2 hours a day on company assignments (that would be particularly trips to the bank and Western Union branches).
    While implementing Company's assignments You shall be working as a member of a group, helping to enlarge a base of our customers in countries all over the world and liaise with head office on a daily basis. You'll be responsible for delivering high standards of customer service ensuring high delivery speed and quality of orders. That would particularly be done through managing a part of a sales cycle - ensuring fast remittance of payments through your bank account and then - through world wide Western Union system and calculating fees at each step.
    To sum up - Your mission in the company would be to create and maintain positive relationships with existing clients that result in new customers, lead to and maximize opportunities for expansions and renewals to enhance revenue stream.

To become a Regional Sales Manager You should be able to perform: excellent spoken English & communication skills, significant attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to work unsupervised. You shall be extroverted and outgoing, with a positive outlook, customer focused and focused on own personal goals, integrating the achievement of company objectives.
    Having joined in our team, You'll enjoy a wide range of benefits we can offer! For example, a base salary with generous commissions (10% out of each payment you've dealt with) and expenses, as well as flexible timetable, that will allow you to chose the most suitable time to deal with company assignments.
    If You are interested in a position offered and for the rewards you want, when you want them visit our website to apply.

We are waiting you hearing from you asap.
    Any questions are welcome.
    Yours sincerely, Katharine Phelps

Draft saved Draft deleted