1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A new New York scandal or yawn?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Exactly - the Yankees might also be greasing the skids to run Cash out.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Randy Levine is also very tight with the Rubenstein family, and he's not above planting a story.

Not saying they want Cash out, but when the PR guy for team and the paper are the same person, you can't just look at every story objectively.

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

I'll give them credit here (if it really is Cashman), definitely thought tmz would beat them on this.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Yawn is back on the board?

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Eh, wake me when something happens in the bullpen.

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Right. Because it did the Yankees tons of good to have A-Rod all over the front page with a pole dancer. You know, a million years ago the Yankees did gather information on their stars, then used it against them at contract time.

But in 2011, A-Rod is still making $32 million, so I'm not sure why the Yankees would be interested in having their brand tarnished on the front page of a tabloid.

And I'm not sure why it's better to throw the team's star under the bus instead of the GM. Do they have Brian Cashman poster day? If the Yankees have proven anything over the years, it's that GMs are pretty disposable.

I love conspiracy theories, too, but they work best when there's a thread of logic.

Draft saved Draft deleted