1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A new low, for me anyways...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ReggieRedbird57, Mar 28, 2009.

1. OJ1414

OJ1414 Member

I know, I'm awful.

Many of the non-football schools here play fall baseball, so why not split up softball like that and play fastpitch for both seasons? I probably wouldn't mind slowpitch as much if it was in the fall buried underneath football but instead they put fastpitch there. And here, the state tourney in slowpitch is two days, first two rounds on day one and thne the championships the next day.

2. Oldschoolguy

Oldschoolguy New Member

God. I love this part of the board. All you guys do is bitch about annoying parents. One of my favorite subjects.

Some of you may have seen my website www/oldschoolsportsparenting.com, which aims to "help" some of those buttinskies keep their noses in joint. Some of you may have had a visceral reaction to it. There's treatment for that.

But seriously ... for all the entertainment I've gotten from this board, I owe you guys a look at a few of the Dear Abby-type letters I get from parents looking for advice on how to handle stuff like confrontations with coaches over what position their 11-year-old daughter plays on her Middle School softball team, or confrontations with coaches over whether their kid should have made the All Star team over the coach's kid, or confrontations with coac ... wait a minute, I'm seeing a pattern here.

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

not true at all. we bitch about pretty much everything.

4. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Balderdash! We keep beer companies in business.

5. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I'm huge in Japan.

6. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

It's true. We are pretty indiscriminate bitches.

Draft saved Draft deleted