1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A new low, even for a lawyer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 15, 2008.

1. I get the ideal behind lawyers and zealous representation, but how does this cocksucker sleep?

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Any defendant deserves a vigorous defense. But this is just another example of why I'd never want to be the one to provide that, particularly for a guy like this.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You do not want a lawyer deciding what the facts are.

That's the job of the jury/judge.

The heart of our judicial system is that the more scrutiny applied, the better the decision. If its a BS defense, it should be easily rejected.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That lawyer's argument could be interpreted as a defendant shooting one victim, only wounding him, then shooting killing another. That lawyer would then say that the defendant only knew that a bullet could wound, not kill.

Foolish arguement. And I wonder why the defense lawyer didn't try to plead it down.

5. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

"And I wonder why the defense lawyer didn't try to plead it down."

Cuz he's a wily PD who didn't want his scumbag client on the street, so came up with a lame defense.

Hey, it could happen.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So the douchebag lawyer is trying to tell us that because the victim wasn't a bleeder or has a glass jaw, his client should get a pass?

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yep. Seen it on "The Practice" and "Law and Order".

8. Hello, this is your state bar association. We'll be there to flog you at 8:15, OK?

Draft saved Draft deleted