1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A new laptop is in my future

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Sep 16, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ms. Slappy just got a computer with Vista on it. Much to her chagrin, Photoshop 5.5 is not backward compatible (cant run it under XP...)
    Looks like she'll be ebay shopping...

2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

My current Dell has been rock-solid. My last Mac and my wife's current Mac were both awful.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

update: my computer started today.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

It knew you had post No. 8,000 in your future.

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

FWIW,

I bought a $349 Toshiba laptop from Best Buy a few weeks ago. I bought an additional 512 of ram to make it run smoother (it came with Vista). So far, I love it.

Of course, I use it for the Microsoft Office products and the internet and...that's about it.

The Best Buy dude, Nerdy McGeek I think his name was, was giving me all this crap about the internal processor or whatever, basically telling me I was stupid for buying the laptop. Anyway, after I uninstalled all the crap it came with it works great.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

They told me that, too. Said Vista was the problem with it. I just upgraded to the $599 one.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

AYA, what exactly did you take off?

8. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Google tool bar was the main one. I forget the other ones. Basically, I went through the list of programs in the control panel, and if I didn't know I'd use a program, it was gone. There's a lot of crap on there you don't need.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

see, dells are smarter than you think. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted