1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A new laptop is in my future

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Good idea. The best thing about Best Buy is that if you're buying something major (computer, TV, etc.), they hand out vouchers before they open so you're guaranteed to get what you're there for.

Our gang goes all out. We bring a card table, poker chips, dominoes, food, drinks, etc. We make a fun night out of it and freeze our butts off in the process.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This is clearly evidence of a deranged, psychopathic mind.

3. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I can't believe you folks have me looking forward to Black Friday while I'm still eBaying my kids' Halloween costumes. Until last year, I didn't even know what Black Friday was. Last week, I informed my wife that she had an extra 512mb flash card. It was $5 at Office Depot last Christmas. I had been wondering whether she knew of its existence. I believe it was a stocking stuffer.

I must admit to some Mac snobbery. It's like being the cool kid in fourth grade. When it all comes down to kings and aces, though, the bottom line is that the first asshole off press row wins, whether he's using a new Mac or something Texas Instruments thought would be the next big thing back in '82.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No significant problems as of yet, except for one game that was completely incompatible (and EA seems dead set against any further support). Bought a new Gateway laptop with Vista several months ago.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeah, because THAT was the first sign.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Point taken.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

I don't see how you can say that. I mean, the thing was running fine until you threw it at the back of the team flack's head. :D

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

No, it was all the por...I mean I think it shorted out.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

My brother, who knows infinitely more about computers than I do, says Vista is trash and I should look for a laptop with P on it. (My current one is trashed!)

10. 2muchcoffeeman

Vista isn't trash. I like it much, much more than I ever liked XP for reasons having to do with both the interface and security.

At least he didn't try to talk you into installing Linux.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I have it on my Toshiba and while at first I found it weird I now really like it. I feel it's sort of a mix of XP and the Mac OS. I don't know anyone else who has it, though.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Just in my 30th hour with Vista, I really like some of the features. Especially being able to clear my cookies, history, cache, etc., simultaneously.

Draft saved Draft deleted