1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A new game: Count the number of name-drops in this Mike Silver column!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BYH, Jan 17, 2011.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

2. what's wrong with it?

it's a fine piece

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Could be this:

I look forward to attending the biggest game I’ll have experienced in person in the Windy City since I sat courtside at the United Center with Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament, courtesy of book subject Dennis Rodman, for Game 1 of the ’96 NBA Finals during the Bulls’ heyday . Hey, it was a tough job, but someone had to do it.

Not exactly my style, but it's the way of the Internet. Tough to get too worked up about it.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Guy is as good as it gets for NFL insiders. Imagine how good his shit would be if he cut out the meaningless name-dropping shit. LTL hits the nail on the head. And I know it's the Internet, but jumpin Jesus, who gives a fuck that you attended a Bulls game in 1996 with Jeff Ament?

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I posted that before I even got to the Adam Duritz (Counting Crows) reference.

6. I dunno.

Readers like that shit.

We as old-school journalists may find it tacky or inappropriate, but I don't think readers react that way

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I couldn't stand to read Silver when he was with SI, and now that he's not, I never do.

8. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, me too. Know exactly what I'm missing: This sort of crap.

Draft saved Draft deleted