1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A New "Fuhrer?"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Journo13, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Germans are cold blooded killers who tried to eliminate an entire ethnic group. They slaughtered men, women, children, babies, toddlers, infants and pregnant mothers. They killed the weak and elderly and children who were basically mockingbirds.

No, the statute of limitations is not up yet on WWII. Let's put another generation or two in ground before we let these crazies off the leash.

If Americans start rounding up all the Mexicans (for example) in the country and start killing them by the hundreds of thousands, I am sure my wife, child and I would leave and never return to this country. No desire to visit the Germans who stuck around.

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

"Whatever you do, don't mention the war. I did it once, but I think I got away with it."

Nice to know you don't hold a grudge, 93. In more than six years on this board, this is one of the few posts to make me do a double-take.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

That is some Freedom-Cabbage idiot bullshit, right there.

4. 93Devil

I was not alive for WWII, but I honestly cannot comprehend the mindset of that Country during that period.

It might be a drastic stance on my part, but if it is any consolation, I don't give people who hang people from trees just for the hell of it an easy pass either.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

And I'm sure you condemn all white people while doing so.

6. 93Devil

I have no idea where you are going with that. Where did I type "white?"

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

One presumes you're writing about "lynching."

Historically a white-on-black crime.

If not, then please explain what you were trying to post to excuse condemning an entire nation for its behavior 75 years ago.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Holy wow, Devil just raised the bar on over-generalizations.

Most Germans didn't learn of the Holocaust until after the fact and had no interest in "eliminating an entire ethnic group." And to attribute that to today's Germans is just ludicrous. Why didn't OUR ancestors leave the country when WE were rounding up and killing the native american race by the thousands? By your logic, guess that means we're also cold blooded genocidal killers.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"Oh, gee . . . I guess Mr./Mrs. xxxxxxxxxx just decided to 'disappear' . . . I can use their apartment, now?
    Great. La, la, la."

::) ??? ::)

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The line up card

11. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Before anyone goes around and blames all Germans for what happened 70 years ago, you should read a book like Christopher Browning's "Ordinary Men." It's comforting for the rest of us to think that what happened in the Holocaust was particularly a "German" problem, but that's not the case.

Admittedly, I've never been there, but from what I've read, it seems like the vast majority of Germans today are still patently uncomfortable with overt signs of nationalism. The scars haven't gone away.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

[​IMG]

Oh, you weren't talking about me? Carry on then.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.