1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

a new eagle in the nest

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Eagles1 in London, Oct 5, 2007.

1. the mrs. gave birth to our first child today --a boy none the less who is absolutely perfect...

one thing to note--besides being happier than i've ever been, i can honestly say that i look at my wife (who i've been with for years) in a whole new light. seeing her push out our child is one of the most incredible things i've ever seen. in fact, i'd venture to say that everything i've ever accomplished in life pales in comparison to seeing my wife give birth to our child....

so, fathers on the board...any advice?

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Not a dad, but congratulations man. I'm sure there are few greater moments in life.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Mazel tov to the Eagle clan!

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Your copy of "How To Raise Kids The Right Way" by Andy Reid is in the mail!!!

5. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Congrats, Eagle.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Congratulations, Eagle.

As for advice, Jed Barttlett said, "Teach him how to whistle. His mother won't do that."

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Pictures! I demand pictures.

After all, I had pics of my last kid posted here just two hours after the birth.

Of course, I was kicked out of the room by my wife who just wanted to hold him and fall asleep. So I went home and uploaded the pictures.

8. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Congratulations, Eagle! Now, tie his right arm behind his back and start making him snap off sliders! ;)

Seriously, I wish all the luck & happiness in the world to you and your family. Keep them in good health.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Mazel tov!

10. my wife is still at the hospital but because they moved her from labor to recovery, spouses can't stay over night...which i don't agree with, but at least i get to watch at least one of the playoff games today (and a late night flyers game on the slingbox)....

man, i'm mentally exahusted--such a surreal yet amazing day...

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Well, congrats on having the second cutest little boy on the board.

Now post a picture and go to sleep. It might be your last night of sleep in a long, long time.

12. my wife still has our camera at the hospital but if i can, i will post a couple good ones--thanks guys for your support and kind words--

Draft saved Draft deleted