1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A new book shines light on the soap opera known as the New York Giants

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Sep 2, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Man, that looks interesting. Thanks for the link.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

There was a lot of talk late last season that Parcells had let the Giants know he was available to be the GM.
    I'm pretty sure it was "rumored" in most of the NY papers at the time.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Damn, that is juicy.

It's always been clear to me, looking at it from afar, that Parcells realizes how good he had it with the Giants and that he could have been a lifer there. But he was too much of an egomaniac and he had to buy all the groceries, etc etc, and make a big-ass mess in the kitchen. He could still be with the Giants. He's never looked right in another team's apparel, and he's just looked pathetic as the Jersey Boy coaching the Cowboys.

I bet he's coaching somewhere next year, and I wouldn't be shocked if it's the Giants.

And the book seems to make Ernie Accorsi out to be just as much of a meglamaniac (sp?) as every other GM, no matter how hard he tried to paint himself as golly gee shucks I used to be a sportswriter hey did I mention I covered Wilt Chamberlain's 100 point game and have I mentioned how much I learned from Joe Paterno. Didn't Accorsi hate Fassel too? So he hated Fassel AND he hated the guy he hired to replace him?

5. pallister

pallister Guest

MEGALOMANIAC.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

walk on home, boy.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

haha can't pull that one out too often but once in a while I get a kick out of it.

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I'd be shocked if Parcells coaches again. It's too much work at his age and there are too many hassles.

But I could easily see him as a GM: Lots of power, lots of money, lots of delegating on the detail stuff, lots of ego stroke.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Always amusing to hear Bill Parcells call someone else a liar.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

When did Bill Parcells ever lie?

Draft saved Draft deleted