1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A New Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Jun 25, 2011.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Mr. VB, buddy and I are headed to Ravens Seahawks in a few weeks. OTYH which breweries are open on Sunday afternoon?
    Have you had DFH Higher Math? Pretty solid IMHO.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I would love to be able to get all the new DFH stuff if someone wants to set up a trade. I can't get them here in Ohio. Going into Michigan to look for them tomorrow.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'll check around. I know some sites, like Brewers Art up in the midtown Mt. Vernon area, should at least have their bar and restaurant open. And the brewery is right there in the same building. Are you looking for tours, or just a place to kick back a few?

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Cigar City has made its way up to Va., and it's been nice to get a Jai Alai every now and again at local watering holes and/or Total Wines.

Otherwise, been drinking more of the local fare of late, especially from Ardent and Triple Crossing.

Vombatus likes this.
  5. Vombatus

I actually have cut way back on my drinking. Cigar City within reach isn't going to make my dieting any easier!

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Jai Alai is in my top three when it comes to IPA. Not sure if it's not No. 1. Really clean and crisp with a great tart hop bite that's not crazy bitter.

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Just kick back a few and maybe pick up some that aren't easy to find in NJ NY PA. No need for the tour. At first I try to pay attention and think maybe I'll try home brewing but after the 2nd sample I then think I just want to drink. My buddy said they have a DFH bar/lounge at M&t, so pretty pumped for that.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Hospitalized recently and was found to have what the doctor called a "huge" ulcer. My drinking days are over for the foreseeable future -- and maybe for good. My liver rejoices.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That is awful.
    You have my sincere sympathy.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Oh, goddam. That's terrible news. I'm so sorry, swing.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Bourbon County Stout day. I lucked out and wandered into a mom-and-pop and he had three bottles left in the back. Me and another guy who came in at the same time each bought one. My brother-in-law then ran out and nabbed the last one, but not before the proprietor interrogated him to test his worthiness.

12. Vombatus

I've stopped drinking (for the most part) since the end of September and started going to meetings. Seeing quite a few heroin addicts. Scary shit.

Anyway, between cutting out alcohol and seeing a personal trainer, I've lost 12 pounds so far and gotten stronger.

That Bourbon County Stout sounds really good.

Draft saved Draft deleted