1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A New Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

This one will put a little stutter in your step.

Nine percent ABV.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

EKU 28 is about 12-13 percent alcohol content, and tastes yummy, but I can't find it around here. :'(

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Love all of the Unibroue brews, especially La Fin du Monde. Drink two of those fast on an empty stomach and you'll learn quickly how it got its name.

Granville Island brews are great, also.

Hell, most Canadian brews are great. One of the many things I love about being north of the 49th.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

It's a great beer on a cold day. Warms you up inside. That's rare in a beer.

5. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

IC Light on tap at PNC Park this weekend. Some fine living, that.

6. Mira

Mira Member

I really like fruity beers. The thing about Strawberry Abita is that it's flavorful and not sweet in any way, shape or form. Another good one is Apricot Ale by Pyramid Brewing and a Peach brew by El Toro Brewing. Founders Brewing out of Michigan makes a Cerise (cherry) that is outstanding.

The only one I stay away from due to the sweet factor is Leinenkugel Berry Weiss. Yikes. Definitely not a brew that made Wisconsin famous.

Sorry, Ryan, that you have an issue finding Strawberry Abita. I rarely have issues finding my favorite beers living in Wisconsin. And if I can't find it, I am a short jaunt from Chicago.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

This thread made me realize that I haven't had a Leinie's Sunset Wheat yet this year. I'll make sure to change that this weekend.

Also, I'm with the others on the fact that the Cherry Wheat is definitely the worst beer from Sam Adams. At this time of year, there's no reason to go with anything but the Summer Ale.

8. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

I don't mind the Blueberry they sell at Boston Beer Works, especially since you get to watch the blueberries lava-lamp their way up and down the glass, but I'll only have one and generally am not a big fan of the whole fruit deal.

9. Mira

Mira Member

Don't get me wrong, I like "regular" beer, in addition to fruit ones. There are good fruit ones out there and good regular ones. It's a matter of finding what you like.

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Made a mistake last night:
    A pint of Lake Erie Monster (9.1 ABV) at the bar, then went home and had big ass cans of: Molson XXX (7.3), Labatt Ice (5.6), and Steel Reserve (8.1).

Made for a terrible morning...I mean afternoon

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Exactly. I typically drink "shitty" beer like Miller Lite, but during the summer, I like to stray from the pack a little with the fruity beers. Not usually big on Sam Adams, but I might give the Summer Ale a try.

This weekend might be a build-your-own 78467-pack weekend.

12. Mira

Mira Member

I guess I am a beer snob. If I drink regular beer at home, it's usually Stella Artois, Heineken, Amstel Light or Smythwick's. Besides all the fruity beers, of course.

Not that I don't enjoy Miller Lite when offered one ... or two ... or five. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted