1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A New Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I like my beer like soda, cold and plentiful. Whenever I am in the US one of my firt missions after finding some Chick-Fil-A is to get some Rolling Rock. I love the stuff.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In the cheap mass-produced American beer category, Rolling Rock is the best, to be sure. But what a category!

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Don't most French beers come from Alsace-Lorraine, which has a strong German influence?

As for Kronenbourg, it's been a while, but I'm not a huge fan. Reminds me of Heineken -- sort of a bitter after taste.

(And if you're old enough to remember, Kronenbourg launched an ad campaign aimed at Heineken years ago. The tag line: "better, not bitter.")

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Anyone who urinates has the essentials to put out a French beer

5. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

So I'm in a eastern B.C. bar with my girlfriend and her pals. I order a Keith's, mistaking it for an actual IPA. I didn't enjoy it, so I go for a Kokanee Gold next and all is well.

Later that night, we all get wasted and some of my girl's gal pals decided that I was the devil incarnate. One went as far as to assault me and run away. My girlfriend chases her down the street. I wait 10 minutes before going around the corner and see them having a heart-to-heart. There's a cop car parked in plain view, and I ask him if everything's OK over there. He says yeah and he's got an eye on them.

I go back into the bar and order another Keith's. It just felt right at the time. That's what Alexander Keith's IPA is to me.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

It's not necessarily a beer you're going to want to drink for several hours. I've had it at a dinner party, after the meal, and it went down nice.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

When my father-in-law was living in the Netherlands in the mid-1990s, he referred to Kronenbourg as "the Old Style of Europe."

I think that's about right.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Making it ygster's favorite European beer

9. Mira

Mira Member

I had a bottle of Tangerine Wheat from Lost Coast Brewery in Eureka, California. Awesome brew.

Also, one of my recent favs has been Rusty Red Ale from O'So Brewing Company in Plover, Wisconsin.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Saw that a liquor store around here started carrying Schlitz in 12 packs for around 7 dollars.

11. fromage et frottage

fromage et frottage New Member

Sacre bleu!

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Went to this cajun/creole restaurant the other weekend and they had a full line of Abita beers. I've always been a big fan of Purple Haze, but I tried the Strawberry Harvest and I wanted to kiss the waiter on the mouth for suggesting it. Only problem is, I can't find that shit anywhere within a 30 mile radius.

Draft saved Draft deleted