1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Navajo Prayer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Nov 28, 2008.

1. A friend sent me a link to a blog that linked to this.
    I think the last part of this -- "I am restored..." etc. -- is one of the finest prayers I've ever heard.
    And, yes, I think this is the strangest thread I've ever started.

2. I Digress

I Digress Guest

We used a Navajo prayer at our wedding...if I can find it, i'll post it.
  3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I remember that prayer being adapted, but not copied, by George Herriman in his decades-ahead-of-its-time Krazy Kat comic.

4. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Think of Eurydice. Think of Lot's wife. It seems to be a universal tale. Should not one person in one culture at one time have made it?
  5. wi --
    You are the most erudite sumbitch for five counties around. You know this, right?
  6. writing irish

Fenian, there are quite a few intellectual cattle, as well as several bookish quail and thoughtful pheasants, who are preparing a long and indignant rebuttal to that remark.
  7. writing irish

As a side note, I'd recommend Krazy Kat to anyone interested in the 1920s and 30s- particularly those interested in visual art or jazz-age culture. The creator, George Herriman, was a genius of design and language whose work drew heavily from the influences of his native New Orleans and his adopted home of Monument Valley, Arizona. Lots of fun.
Draft saved Draft deleted