1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A monster confession

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

Ever since I was a kid and was scared almost to death after seeing, "The Legend of Boggy Creek" at a drive-in, I've always been hooked by shows such as In Search Of, Monsterquest, UFO Hunters, etc.

While the "Finding Bigfoot" thing is too hokey even for me, I admit, I'm getting quite a kick out of the "Mountain Monsters" series, which airs Friday nights on the Destination America channel.

It features a bunch of 12-gauge totin' West Virginia boys, who hunt the backwoods for, well, monsters.

Anyone else getting at least a good laugh out of this show?

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

All these shows on TV that are nothing more than vehicles to celebrate knuckleheads and drive down the intelligence of the rest of the country drive me nuts.

In Search of ... was some of the best TV of the 1970s and remains a favorite.

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

Joe, wasn't Leonard Nimoy the narrator for In Search of... ? I thought that show was great, especially one about the Bermuda Triangle, if I remember correctly.

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Yes he was. His voice and delivery helped make the show.

5. I know two of the guys on the show.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

In Search Of ... was an awesome show. As a kid, I wondered where they dug up the storylines and "experts" connected to them.

Are old episodes available in any form? Bet they'd be fascinating to watch today.

Plus, it had that cool/cheesy late 70s Moog theme song which they used to spooky effect to score the segments themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_SAKcOuTpU

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I used to love shows like this, but there are just too many of them now.
    When I do tune in, I'm almost always seeing something I've seen before.
    The players in the show change, and they've really dumbed up a little more with people running through the woods or hanging out in haunted buildings.

Just can't watch them anymore.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Have you met their wives/sisters?

9. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

ALIEN RODS!
    http://www.history.com/videos/unidentified-flying-creatures#unidentified-flying-creatures

Draft saved Draft deleted