1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A moment of Sunday thought...then and now

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If. If. If. If.

Is that really the direction we want to go?

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

My point? The fact that Americans in the majority aren't at issue with the fact we went to war in Iraq.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Where's the demand for radio or TV time to hear your preferred voice? Just like I've told Fenian or Pastor, there should be no doubt as to their identities, either that or one of the two of them is Howard Dean. Believe what you believe but yet have a leader to shape it.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

There is no way to quantify it. Opinions can change in a heartbeat and for a variety of reasons.

Many people who were not at issue with the fact we went to war in Iraq felt that way because they did not know they were being lied to . . . did not know that the administration had no idea of the culture of the area . . . did not know that we would be viewed as occupiers and not liberators . . . did not know that you cannot police a country with 140,000 troops . . . did not know that the administration cooked the books to make the case for war . . . did not know that Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 . . . did not know that the military was completely untrained for the job of counterinsurgency.

And those of them that are Fox News viewers . . . STILL do not know any of the above.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Here's how you can quantify the effect of military success.

Bush 1's approval soared beyond 80 percent in Desert Storm 1 and if you remember, we had the dove fringe begging us not to go there, predicting certain doom with thousands of soldiers going down daily due to the chemicals Saddam would leash - yes, chemicals, and yes, the liberals had the facts on that one.

It's all how you want to spin your political thinking.

6. Plain ol' common sense.
    I love it when yawn affects proletarian outrage. He's as believable as Hannity is.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

According to whom?

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

All of which has nothing to do with the moron son invading Iraq.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'd trade a JDV and a 6-pack of boots' lies in a second, in exchange for king numbnuts here.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Not to mention it'll be a cold day in Hades before anyone in charge on this taco stand of a board works up enough gumption to send him to the woodshed.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Why? Because a bunch of weak-willed whining people can't cope?

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Spirited, in the spirit of liberalism, where you can't handle situations yourself, I've reported you for abuse. You did to me what you blame me for - taking a thread that wasn't agitating anyone and then turned it into a spit fest. And, since I've been told by the powers that be here that just because someone says or does something won't result in punishment - that "complaints" matter - I've nailed one on their door with your name on it. In the meantime, go familiarize yourself with the meaning of the word "hypocrite."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.