1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

a mighty heart

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

... in reference to the ad that's flashing like crazy here. the question is: do jolie do anything at all for the rest of you? i've seen her crazy, psycho ass one too many times on talk shows to find any beauty in her as a human being.

is it just me?

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

3. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I like her.

On a related note, I bought this book last night.

4. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

It's kind of funny her lawyer drew up an agreement for the press to sign...sort of like that bogus waiver the PGA (or was it LPGA?) distributed to photogs.

"The international celebrity do-gooder Angelina Jolie found herself in a strange situation this week when she insisted that journalists at the premiere of her new movie about a murdered journalist — a screening that was in itself an event on behalf of persecuted journalists — sign an agreement limiting their questions and their use of her answers...Reporters hoping to interview Ms. Jolie were asked to sign a document forbidding them to ask her about her personal relationships."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/15/movies/15ange.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Now, apparently, the story says it's all her lawyer's doing, but still pretty ironic considering the film's about journalistic freedom. If there's already been a thread on this, I apologize.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here ... perhaps she doesn't want to answer questions related to this movie or her character because the woman she is playing (Marianne Pearl) is very much alive and working. In fact, Jolie and Pearl became good friends before the book was even written or the movie in production.

This may just be an attempt at celebu-drama bullshit, but it could also be out of respect to Pearl.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

She's been answering questions about the movie, just not ones about her personal life. I think she's concerned that the great media frenzy surrounding her relationship will overshadow the movie, its message and Marrianne Pearl.

8. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

In other words, she's only interested in talking to the press if she can control the results and use them to her benefit.

Not an uncommon philosophy, of course. But hardly a praiseworthy one.

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

So do we think even she is tired of talking about Brangelina? Because lord knows I'm tired of hearing about them.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I would imagine she is, esp. when she's got something else to talk about that she cares passionatly (sp) about. The rest of us get sick and tired about our SOs at some point.

11. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Give her credit. She does seem to have changed from her blood-drinking days. Being a mother and her own mother's death seems to have matured her.

Watched "The Champ" today. God, Joile looks like her father. It must be weird looking like someone you hate.

12. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

I know just what you mean. This is a recent photo of me:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted