1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A made-for-Nancy Grace feature...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jan 5, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Twittys begin divorce proceedings
    Friday, January 05, 2007
    HANNAH WOLFSON
    News staff writer

Natalee Holloway's stepfather has filed for divorce from her mother, Beth Twitty, according to court documents.

George "Jug" Twitty filed papers in Jefferson County Circuit Court on Dec. 29 citing irreconcilable differences with his wife.

Jug Twitty declined to comment on the divorce procedure. Attempts to reach Beth Twitty for comment were unsuccessful.

The couple received international attention a year and a half ago when Natalee Holloway, then 18, disappeared in Aruba on a trip with fellow graduates from Mountain Brook High School. In the weeks following the teen's disappearance on May 30, 2005, the Twittys appeared side by side on television and at news conferences.

As the case dragged on unsolved and Jug Twitty returned to Birmingham, Beth Twitty remained in Aruba for almost three months. After her return, she founded the International Safe Travels Foundation, leaving her job with the Mountain Brook Schools, and now spends much of her time traveling to speak to high school students.

The couple separated Dec. 15, according to the court filing. In the papers, Jug Twitty claims there's "such a complete incompatibility of temperament that the parties can no longer live together."

The Twittys married July 26, 2000, a second marriage for both.

2. Jug Twitty has my vote. For anything. Any time.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Speaking of Nancy Grace, I love how they make fun of her with Shatner in Boston Legal.

4. And she's the only funny thing in Amy Poehler's repetoire.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I thought she was really good as Gob's wife in Arrested Development.

Draft saved Draft deleted