1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A little help: I need a center console for my Toyota Sienna

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by daveevansedge, Apr 17, 2008.

1. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

Hey, it says "Anything goes" for threads in this area, so I'm posting ostensibly a reverse classified ad, even though it's a pretty goofy way to go about this.

So here goes. Got a Toyota Sienna LE a few weeks back. It's got a nice center console between the front seats, but it can also accommodate a console in the center row; however, that console -- which is set up a bit differently -- is only available on the Sienna XLE. You can buy it separately from the dealership, but they charge (and I'm not kidding here) around $800 for it. Eight hundred bucks for something to hold drinks and store some stuff is insane.

At any rate, I've checked around the Internet and on Ebay, and it's still pretty pricey there, as well. I'm hoping one of you knows another way. No salvage yards around here have any XLEs right now for me to buy the accessory from. But if you know of any salvage yards or places that sell Toyota accessories, please post here or shoot me a PM. Paying for shipping is not an issue -- as long as it's the right console (and not at that ridiculous price), that's all that matters. It would thrill the missus if I could pull this off.

And again, I understand the sheer stupidity of putting this thread on this board. But I've seen stranger things on here, and I figure somebody on here has some connections with car parts/accessories people and can help me out. Much thanks.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

http://www.thepartsbin.com/catalog/?D=rear+center+console&Ntt=rear+center+console&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Main&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&N=1725+4294966825+11800&Nty=1

This it?

3. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

Hey, TBF,
    Thanks much for the input. That would fit, and the strap would allow a means to attach it, so we might end up going with that. But the Toyota accessory actually snaps into the floor via two hooks that are already in the floor of our Toyota. So it's easy to put in or take out, plus, it won't move at all once it is in. That's what so cool about it -- and I guess that's why Toyota charges almost as much for that as it would to install a DVD player. Pretty crazy. Thanks again for the input -- that may just have to do the trick.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Might want to try:

[​IMG]

5. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

[​IMG]

Not sure if he ever played much center. But, he can hold up to two drinks.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

Nice, fishwrapper! 8)
    And thanks, TSP. I'll give that a look.

7. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

car-part.com

Draft saved Draft deleted