1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A little help, a-pleeeze

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Browniepoints, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Browniepoints

Browniepoints New Member

Can those of you in the know close to these areas please tell me the papers that cover these teams closely, soz I can inquire about stringer work for the NCAA regional here in AZ next weeK?
    Of course, the papers have to be big enough to need someone and perhaps augmenting the main guy who will travel Much thanks ...

UConn (other than the Courant)
    Memphis (other than the Commercial Appeal)
    the Purdue/Washington winner (who is the main Purdue paper anyhow?)
    the Marquette/Missouri winner (other than Milw Journal for Marquette)

any points in the right direction is appreciated

2. Only insight I can add is nobody other than the MJS covers Marquette.

3. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Lafayette Journal & Courier travels with Purdue, and being a Gannett paper, also has its coverage picked up by the Indianapolis Star.

The Gary Post-Tribune also sends someone with Purdue. Not sure if the Times of NW Indiana will send someone or use a stringer.

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I would download each team's media guide (generally available on the athletics site) and just blanket every newspaper listed in the media section.

5. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

mizzou has columbia, kansas city, st. louis
    purdue is the lafayette journal and courier. and the indy star.
    connecticut has a bunch of papers.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

if the huskies win, you always could contribute for free to the PI's web site as a community journalist.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I would suspect the Wisconsin State Journal (Madison) might at this stage, especially if the Badgers don't advance.

8. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Connecticut sends a ton of papers everywhere the Huskies go. You might be able to help with a sidebar, but I'd think they'll have a staff writer on site. It's the biggest thing in their sections ...

9. Faithless

Faithless Member

Same goes for the Commercial Appeal and Memphis.

Draft saved Draft deleted