1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A late RIP for Harold Gould

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mpcincal, Sep 27, 2010.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I just stumbled upon this and it totally flew under my radar, but character actor Harold Gould passed away a couple weeks ago.

I don't think there's a person on this board who hasn't seen him several times over the years on TV and movies. The article below mentions his roles as Rhoda Morgenstern's dad on two TV series and as Rose's boyfriend on "The Golden Girls." What isn't mentioned is that he played Howard Cunningham in the "Love, American Style" episode that was the de facto pilot for "Happy Days." One of my favorite roles of his that people may not remember was his turn as the exasperated judge in the Hawn-Chase-Grodin movie "Seems Like Old Times."

Anyway, RIP: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b200343_mary_tyler_moore_golden_girls_star.html?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-tvnews&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_tvnews

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

He was a wonderful character actor. And, yes, he was indeed the original Howard Cunningham.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

What? Oh man. :( I second Double J, Gould was a phenomenal character actor in every movie he was in. "Seems Like Old Times" was one of my favorite movies as a kid.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Kid Twist. To me he'll always be Kid Twist.

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I remember him best from Soap. Man, I loved that show.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

"That horse is gonna run second!!!"

Draft saved Draft deleted