1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A kernel of truth?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Re: Jesus Christ, in case anyone doubts that cell phones are cooking your brains

You could have someone heating up the table from underneath pretty easily.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Re: Jesus Christ, in case anyone doubts that cell phones are cooking your brains

And, LJB, like the smokers of that age...I will continue to be addicted to mine long after the dangers are known.

I will be 82 years old, with a cell phone stuck to my head.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I always use an oldfangled earpiece with a cord about three feet from the phone. Maybe that will be beneficial in a few years when bluetooth technology is also found to be cancer-causing in laboratory mice (who looked ridiculous wearing those things, btw).

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Nobody gets out of this thing alive.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

It's pretty obvious, on reflection, that this is bogus.

But I am very concerned about these phones.

I don't own one.

6. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I'm sure the people around you when you're on the phone feel differently. :)

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I only use the speaker capability when I'm by myself. For example, in my room, in my car, etc.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ah, it's the SportsJournalists.com version of bait and switch.

Retitle a dying thread. :)

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

After seeing the egg thing I am going to go buy one of those blue tooth things. I don't care if I look like a dork.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Bait and switch... I do not think these words mean what you think they mean.

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Viral marketing campaign for headset manufacturer.

http://gawker.com/tag/hoaxes/?i=395950&t=cellphone-popcorn-videos-were-viral-ads-for-bluetooth-headset

12. Simon_Cowbell

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/02/080214144349.htm

Draft saved Draft deleted