1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A kernel of truth?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

http://www.austin360.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/food2/entries/2008/06/10/popping_corn_kernels_with_your.html

2. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Re: Jesus Christ, in case anyone doubts that cell phones are cooking your brains

Holy shit.

EDIT: I suck. But that video is still pretty cool, fake or not.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Re: Jesus Christ, in case anyone doubts that cell phones are cooking your brains

Sadly, fake. Debunked.

http://www.snopes.com/science/cookegg.asp

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Not debunked in my mind.

That link never addresses how that video of four cell phones cooking popcorn is bogus.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

That's just what George Soros wants you to believe. He's shorting wireless communications right now.

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Here's another.

http://gawker.com/tag/hoax/?i=395434&t=whos-trying-to-convince-everyone-that-cell-phones-pop-popcorn

7. Re: Jesus Christ, in case anyone doubts that cell phones are cooking your brains

Either way, I'm going to stop holding my phone up to my ear while it's ringing.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This is PT Barnum worthy......

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Can someone find a video that will prevent golfers from using cell phones on the course?

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Those people shouldn't be allowed on golf courses.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

What we know about these things is about what the medical community knew about smoking in 1958.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

This particular thing may be bogus, but I'd still be careful about having cell phones on your ear for an extended period of time.

I love the speaker phone capability of mine.

Draft saved Draft deleted