1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A. Jaeger - I lost '83 Wimbledon final on purpose

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I agree wholeheartedly with the Black Sox scandal. In college, I read everything I could about it and came to the conclusion Shoeless Joe should be in the HOF.

My knowledge of the situation now, however, is severly limited.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah, and I scold. ::) ::) ::)

I totally believe this, and I totally write it off to somebody who thought she was doing something good but had/has misguided instincts.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I completely believe Jaeger. I just question the motive behind not doing your best.

It's an individual sport. The difference between doing your absolute best in your mind and tanking it may not be noticeable at all.

All it takes is for you to think you won't win or shouldn't win and you're cooked.

It's like a batter thinking no way he's going to get a hit off a certain pitcher. If you have that in your mind, you can take all the mighty cuts you want. You're toast.

Draft saved Draft deleted