1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A.J. McCarron: Shut up, already

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I endorse this subject title.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

If you use a 21 yrd old who can throw a football as your beacon of morality, then that's on you.

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

If you believe there's a God or a creator of this existeniality we all share, and you believe there is a heaven and a hell and an eternal salvation available to you, then what A.J. said in his tweet is spot-on correct.
    I believe in God - a being that wants me to do good things and to learn right from wrong.
    All that stuff on the Grammy's and much of what's on the tube, is completely immoral and pro-sex.

It's all about what you believe.

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Did you watch?

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

No, I didn't. (I did look at the pics on the link that was posted)
    I never watch the awards shows and hardly ever watch primetime TV period or listen to 'primetime' radio.
    I remember when we'd come into some media class back at State and the professor wanted to discuss the Grammys or the Emmys or whatever show had happened the previous night.
    That was the last time I watched.
    If Madonna wants to kiss a girl or Snoop wants to smoke a joint onstage or Kanye wants to call Bush a blackaphobic or whatever else has made the news thru the years, I don't care to watch any of it.

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

This was precisely why I watched the Grammys this year, for the first time ever, I think, so I could talk about it with my students in class on Monday. It was a good way to get class started that day. Before the show, I had no idea what a Daft Punk or a Macklemore was and probably won't listen to any of their music again, but it made for good class discussion.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm pro-sex.

Am I immoral?

8. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

Agreed. Pop culture left me behind around 1996. I haven't come back.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Asks the lawyer.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I get all that. But if A.J. McCarron is going to get indignant about pop culture, he probably should save it for Mom and GF.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Did they dress up like witches?

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I still think he was joking.

Draft saved Draft deleted