1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A.J. Green = Not so wonderlic

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Mar 18, 2011.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Lowest score among wide receives, according to the AJC, according to Pro Football Weekly, which might explain attempting to sell the jersey ...

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2011/03/18/a-j-green-bombs-in-wonderlic-does-that-mean-anything/

I know we've had wonderlic threads before, but frankly I'm too lazy to go find them. Sorry. I did take the sample test Schulz linked on his blog. My score: 37.5. Woo hoo! I'm smarter than A.J. Green. Four of the five questions i missed (this is an abbreviated sample) were guesses, and I finished it in about five minutes.

http://walterfootball.com/draftwonderlic.php

Give it a whirl. Impress your friends. Post your score.

EDIT: Just came to my attention that I actually posted the link to the answers. If you took the sample test and didn't score 50, well, you're no smarter than A.J. Green. Me, my name is fail. (Hi, IJAG!)

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't know what a wonderlic score has to do with selling his jersey. To the contrary, selling it implies that he had enough sense to think "boy these are some stupid fucking rules" and act accordingly.

And I would want him catching footballs on my team even if he doesn't know the meaning of somnambulant.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Maybe he can end up on the same team as Vince Young, so they can hook up for a bunch of 16s.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Well, that's one possibility. But really, does it matter whether the rules are stupid? He knew it was against the rules and did it anyway. Apparently never considered the consequences or possiblity of getting caught. Which to me displays a lack of said sense.

5. LongTimeListener

Seeing all that has gone on in the past year, I have (perhaps belatedly) come to the conclusion that these rules serve only to extort free labor out of the superstars to the marketing benefit of the coaches, schools and NCAA itself. I don't give a shit who breaks them anymore. I think the majority of college football fans are starting to see it this way, and after the whole Tressel thing I don't see how anyone can even pretend to respect these "rules." When the NCAA starts to care about integrity, I will start to care again. Until then, it's all a matter of "blame the poor black kids with their hand in the cookie jar so they don't see the rich white grown-ups siphoning millions off the top."

Ain't that America.

Regarding the Wonderlic, it's very interesting that all the bad scores that get leaked are of black superstars. But I'm sure a white guy has never scored low.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It's the Illuminati!

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Do you understand percentages?

8. LongTimeListener

Not really sure what you're getting at with the passive-aggressiveness, but I do understand percentages. For instance, approximately 30 percent of NFL players are white. But I guess those are the smart 30 percent.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

They're not leaking Wonderlic scores for random players. There's no news in leaking the Wonderlic of a third-round draft pick. The leaks are for the best of the best, the top players in the draft. Those players are overwhelmingly black.

10. LongTimeListener

As a matter of fact I distinctly recall hearing Frank Gore's Wonderlic score leaked, and he was a third-round pick. The old white scouts delight in making the young black punks look bad. Funny that Greg McElroy isn't considered a high pick but somehow HIS Wonderlic score made it out into public circulation, huh? Why, he must be the smartest Division I quarterback entering the NFL draft from the great state of Aluhbamuh!!!!

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Because he got an almost perfect score, dipshit. How do you have so much time to post when you're constantly searching for racism around every corner? Thirty-seven percent of anonymous message board posters are willfully ignorant. You're in that group.

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Jesus Christ. Speaking of which, Tebow scored a 22 last year. He got a lot of shit for being average. Terry Bradshaw still gets brought up this time every year for his paltry score, as does Dan Marino. The girl from UCLA is not leaking the goddamn Wonderlic scores.

Draft saved Draft deleted